Wednesday, June 6, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads

Title:  Asunder
Author:  Jodi Meadows
Series:  2nd book in the Newsoul series
Publisher:  Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date:  January 2013

DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.


In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.


Why I'm waiting:  I was completely in awe of the story Jodi Meadows weaved in Incarnate. It was so unique and spell-binding, and yet it had touches of the familiar, making it seem as if I was reconnecting with an old friend.  The reader isn't much closer to discovering the truth behind Ana's emergence as a Newsoul at the end of Incarnate than we were in the beginning of the story, so I'm anxious to see where the author plans to take this story.  Also.  I just want that gorgeous cover on my shelf.  NOW.  Seriously.  I know I am too often and too easily swayed by a book with a pretty cover, but just look at it!

What are you waiting on this week?  Share it in the comments!

Also, check back later today because I'll be posting a giveaway for my ARC of Incarnate!  Not sure if it's for you?  Check out my review!

20 comments:

  1. I see this book around a lot! I need to read the first book though. I like the cover (:

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic choice Jen! I haven't read the first book yet (I need to though) but I must say that this is one of the prettiest book cover I've ever seen. It's just gorgeous. fantastic pick!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love this cover it is so pretty and what can I say I'm a total cover whore. Great choice.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you loved Incarnate, I still haven't read it, but yeah, both covers are beautiful :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pick..i am exciting for this one too :) I think the covers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this cover! I haven't read the first book yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it! Great Pick! :)

    ~Kimmie
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover, but I haven´t read the first book of the series.
    thanks for sharing.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first book yet!!! The covers for the series are pretty! <3

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't yet read the first in series, but have read some wonderful reviews. I adore the covers for these books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover of Asunder is just AMAZING. Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know about this cover...it looks kind of weird, not as soft as book one..that's just me though, i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have but still need to read Incarnate *ducks to avoid flying tomatoes* But regardless, this cover is TO DIE FOR! Thanks for sharing. Great pick!!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of the Newsoul books have such gorgeous cover art! I haven't read Incarnate though. But it's on my wishlist so hopefully I get around to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why oh why haven't I read Incarnate yet? I've heard soo many good things about it. Sigh. Loved the cover for Incarnate though and this one is just as lovely! :) Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is a new one to me - but I LOVE the cover! I haven't read the first one in the series, so I'll definitely have to check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm so jeaous that you got This is Not a Test! I look forward to seeing what you think of it. :)

    Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice Choice! I still really want to read Incarnate so I shall look forward to the giveaway! Visit my Wow!

    Inky @ Book Haven Extraordinaire
    My Wow @ http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/06/hyperventilating-on-wednesday-defiance.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love. Love. LOVE! I'm right there with you, Beebs! Must have this cover and must know more about this amazing world that Jodi created! Awesome WoW! Thanks for stopping by mine! <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm waiting on this one too! I loved Incarnate. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pick. I wasn't a fan of Incarnate, but the covers are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have book one sitting around my kindle, somewhere... I think. Anyway, the story sounds intriguing :)

    I'm a new follower on GFC btw. Stop by my WOW and return the favor?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...