Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thursday, November 28, 2013 with 3 comments
I hope you all are having a fabulous Thanksgiving, celebrating with family and friends, good food, spirits and football.  =) And if you're not in the States or you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, like my Canadian boss who thinks it's the craziest thing how we make such a big deal out of a meal, well, I hope you're having a lovely Thursday, at any rate.  :D

I'm so thankful and feel so lucky to be at the place that I am in my life, and although I already shared my bookish thanks with you guys on Tuesday, I wanted to share a little bit more today.  So, here's a bit more that I'm thankful for:

-- My husband and daughter.  Jerrod is my rock and he puts up with me when not many could, and I'm so grateful that he came into my life.  And without him, I wouldn't have the most precious person in my life: Katiebug.  We waited until the birth to find out the sex of the baby, totally thinking we were having a boy, and she's been surprising us ever since.

-- My extended family.  We may be few in number but we make up for it in heart.  We don't always get to be together for the holidays, but I'm so glad that this year, we're making it happen.

-- My job.  I probably complain about my job more than I should, but I do work for a pretty great company, and my boss is the best I've ever worked for.  I've worked some pretty crappy jobs in the past, and I know I have it good where I'm at now.

-- My life.  Every day that I wake up is another blessing.  My little family may not be glamorous or have an abundance of riches, but we have a nice life together, full of good friends and family, and we know just how fortunate we are.

I'm thankful for so much, but that covers the tip of the iceberg, anyway.  :)  Another thing I'm thankful for? That my kid is just as big of a Potterhead as I am.  Check out the turkey in disguise we made for her kindergarten class's display this year:


It's Harry Gobbler!  Get it?  Like Harry Potter but Gobbler because he's a turkey?  :P  He even has an invisibility cloak -- that black thing above the turkey in the picture.  Like mother like daughter, I suppose.  :D

Anyway, by the time you're reading this, I either hope you've just come out of your turkey coma and are going back for more or that you're taking a much-needed break from all of those family and friends of yours. ;0)  Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, guys!




3 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for. :) I hope you had a relaxing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a spectacular holiday! That turkey is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...