Wednesday, December 11, 2013




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...






Title: Say What You Will
Author: Cammie McGovern
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: June 3, 2014

Add to Goodreads
I want someone who will talk to me honestly about things. You're the only person who ever has. Maybe you don't know this, but when you're disabled almost no one tells you the truth. They feel too awkward because the truth seems too sad, I guess. You were very brave to walk up to the crippled girl and say, essentially, wipe that sunny expression off your face and look at reality. That's what I want you to do next year. Tell me the truth. That's all.

Amy and Matthew didn't know each other, really. They weren't friends. Matthew remembered her, sure, but he remembered a lot of people from elementary school that he wasn't friends with now.

Matthew never planned to tell Amy what he thought of her cheerful facade, but after he does, Amy realizes she needs someone like him in her life.

As they begin to spend more time with each other, Amy learns that Matthew has his own secrets and she decides to try to help him in the same way he's helped her. And when what started out as a friendship turns into something neither of them expected, they realize that they tell each other everything—except the one thing that matters most.

I love the simplistic cover, the tagline that reads, "Sometimes love is everything you can't say."  And I love that the story sounds sad but hopeful.  I hope it's as sweet as it promises to be and doesn't just end up breaking my heart.  But I think I'd be okay with it if it did end up that way.



Title: Since You've Been Gone
Author: Morgan Matson
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: May 6, 2014

Add to Goodreads
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...

I've only read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, but I know I'll have fun with anything this author writes, even if she does mix in the hopeful with the sads.  And this one does sound really fun.  Can't wait to read as Emily completes each task on the list!

So, yeah, two sad and sappy picks this week.  Now that you know what I'm dying to read, what are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!



11 comments:

  1. These sound like 2 really great books. Something I would definitely like to try :) Thank you for sharing, I'll check them out :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Since You've Been Gone and it sounds really interesting. I'll be checking that one out when it releases :) Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they both sound good! Great picks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these books seems great, thanks for sharing! :)
    Here's My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited for Say What You Will too!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great picks!! I'm super excited for Since You've Been Gone as well... Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was adorable!!! This is the first I'm hearing of Say What You Will. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of Since You've Been Gonebut but now I just added it to my shelf.
    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both sound so great! I'll be adding them to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes -- definitely want to read both of these! Great picks!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just added Say What you will to my tbr
    Awesome picks

    Our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Say What You Will is one I'm really looking forward to! And I love the cover of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...